Today, President Obama issued a major disaster declaration for the State of Louisiana. Federal funding will now be available to help people recover from the Severe Storms and Flooding that occurred . This funding will be available for residents in Baton Rouge
Apply by phone for FEMA assistance:
- Apply online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov.
- Call 1-800-621-FEMA (1-800-621-3362).
- People with speech and hearing disabilities can call: 1-800-462-7585 (TTY).
- For those who use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS), call: 1-800-621-3362.
FEMA can offer two types of assistance:
- Housing Assistance - temporary housing and money to help repair or replace your primary residence.
- Non-Housing Needs - medical, dental and funeral costs; clothing and household items; tools; home fuel; disaster-related moving and storage; and replacement of a disaster-damaged vehicle. After 24 hours, follow up with FEMA.
A FEMA inspector should contact you within 10-14 days.
If you were not affected by the flooding and want to consider Flood Insurance, you can visit our website for rates and instructions (CLICK HERE) or call us at 800-362-2809