Houston Flood Insurance
Do Not Add to your Anguish
You have never seen rain like that in your neighborhood. Trees—thick trees—toppled on top of houses; stinking, filthy floodwater outside up to your ankles; rancid sewer water inside turning your stuff into sodden, wretched, worthless junk.
Three things: It happened so fast. This area had never been flooded before, ever. And three, you have no flood insurance.
If you think Flood insurance is too expensive, click here to review PREFERRED FLOOD INSURANCE RATES.
Do not let yourself ever be placed in this position. Starting with a home displacement for an indefinite period of time to the enormous replacement costs, you have too much to lose.
In fact, loss due to flooding can be very expensive. A rule of thumb is that each inch of flooding will cost the unprotected over $7,000. The last thing you need are worries on how to pay for the flood damage. You do not want to add the anguish you already feel.
Contact ABM Insurance & Benefit Services, Inc. and receive a thorough education on how flood insurance works in Houston. We will review what it covers (appliances and items inside the home) and what it does not (decks and items outside the home).
Protect Yourself and Your Home
Here's what you can do to stay safe during a flood:
- If flooding occurs, go to higher ground and avoid areas subject to flooding.
- Do not attempt to walk across flowing streams or drive through flooded roadways.
- If water rises in your home before you evacuate, go to the top floor, attic, or roof.
- Listen to a battery-operated radio for the latest storm information.
- Turn off all utilities at the main power switch and close the main gas valve if advised to do so.
- If you've come in contact with floodwaters, wash your hands with soap and disinfected water.
ABM Insurance & Benefit Services, Inc. Your Houston Flood Insurance Expert
Houston Flood insurance protection is meaningless after a flood. Plus, every flood insurance policy carries a 30 day waiting period before it can take effect. So act now!
At ABM Insurance & Benefit Services, Inc. we have insured the residents and business of Houston from unpredictable flooding since 1989. It is one of the specialties of our agency. We will make sure we share all of our knowledge with you.
When you can minimize risk from flooding for such a small cost, you have to do it. You have to protect your family and your assets. Complete the Protection Savings Form today for a free quote. The flood insurance veterans at ABM Insurance & Benefit Services, Inc. will forever ease your fears of flooding.
The Road to Recovery
As soon as floodwater levels have dropped, it's time to start the recovery process. Here's what you can do to begin restoring your home.
- If your home has suffered damage, call your insurance agent to file a claim.
- Check for structural damage before re-entering your home to avoid being trapped in a building collapse.
- Take photos of any floodwater in your home and save any damaged personal property.
- Make a list of damaged or lost items and include their purchase date and value with receipts, and place with the inventory you took prior to the flood. Some damaged items may require disposal, so keep photographs of these items.
- Keep power off until an electrician has inspected your system for safety.
- Boil water for drinking and food preparation until authorities tell you that your water supply is safe.
- Prevent mold by removing wet contents immediately.
- Wear gloves and boots to clean and disinfect. Wet items should be cleaned with a pine-oil cleanser and bleach, completely dried, and monitored for several days for any fungal growth and odors.