Houston Health Insurance
Individual & Family Health Insurance
As of 2014, all Americans must maintain a health insurance policy that covers, at least 60% of eligible expenses or pay a fine. The fine for 2015 is 2% of the gross annual family income. This amount increases in 2016 to 2.5%. Tax credit / subsidies may be available.
Which employees are eligible for a tax credit or subsidy?
Individuals earning between 100% and 400% of the federal poverty level are eligible for subsidies if they purchase insurance through the Exchange. For a family of one, 100% of the federal poverty level is $11,490 and 400% is $45,960. However, if an employee has access to a qualified, affordable employer sponsored health plan, the employee and their family members do not qualify for the subsidy. Affordable coverage means that the premium for employee only coverage would not exceed 9.5% of the employee’s household income.
Did you know that health insurance may be the most important type of insurance you can carry? Don’t wait another minute to get your coverage! Consider these facts about health and money:
- If you’re one of the nearly 46 million people living in the United States without health insurance, unexpected medical bills can have a devastating impact on your life. The purpose of health insurance is to help you pay for care. It protects you and your family financially in the event of an unexpected serious illness or injury that could be very expensive.
- You need health insurance because you cannot predict what your medical bills will be. If you have health insurance, you will have peace of mind in knowing that you are protected from most of these costs. You should not wait until you or a family member becomes seriously ill to try to purchase health insurance.
Individual Houston Health Insurance Plans
Until recently, most people got their health insurance from their employer. People with low income got their health insurance from the government. But now, more and more people are buying private health insurance plans tailor-made for individuals. If you are one of these people, you should be seeking an individual health insurance plan from ABM Insurance & Benefit Services, Inc. now.
Why choose ABM Insurance & Benefit Services, Inc.? Because we are an independent agency offering real time health insurance quotes and online applications from multiple health insurance companies. We believe in total transparency. Compare options and then apply online from the convenience of your own home or office. The experts at ABM Insurance & Benefit Services, Inc. will help you choose from:
- HMO plans: An HMO, Health Maintenance Organization, is a specific type of health care plan that sets out guidelines under which doctors can operate. On average, health care coverage through the use of an HMOcosts less than comparable traditional health insurance.
- Major Medical: Provides benefits for most types of medical expenses that may be incurred. Offering more complete coverage with fewer gaps, major medical insurance covers a much broader range of medical expenses – including those incurred both in and out of the hospital – with generally higher individual benefits and policy maximum limits.
- Surgical policies: Most health insurance plans sold today are major medical plans but there are a few hospital and surgical health insurance plans on the market. Surgical health plans often aren’t as comprehensive as major medical plans, but are typically less expensive.
- Dread Disease Policies: Often called “cancer policies,” dread disease policies cover one or more dread disease: cancer, heart disease, or other major malady.
- Hospital indemnity: A hospital indemnity plan provides a daily benefit for each day you are hospitalized — and this is paid without regard to the hospital expenses incurred. This daily amount is paid to you and the benefit is triggered simply by confinement as an inpatient.
ABM Insurance & Benefit Services, Inc. Your Houston Health Insurance Expert
Since 1989, ABM Insurance & Benefit Services, Inc. has been a leading Texas-based insurance advisor for individuals, families, and small businesses. We have earned a high level of respect for our service with our clients and insurance carriers. So what are you waiting for? You owe it to your health to complete the free, no-obligation form on this page today.