Earthquake Disaster Preparedness
History of earthquakes in your area: Short story?
What plates or seismic activity affects your region?
What other utilities could be affected by the Earthquake?
Risk for Tsunami in your area?
BEFORE AN EARTHQUAKE
- Prepare an emergency kit and make a family communications plan. (Click Here)
- Fasten shelves securely and place large or heavy objects on lower shelves.
- Breakable items should be stored in low, closed cabinets with a latch.
- Heavy wall items should be attached securely and away from beds, couches, or anywhere people might be underneath.
- Brace overhead light fixtures and top-heavy lamps.
- Have defective electrical wiring and leaky gas connections repaired by a qualified professional.
- Secure water heater, refrigerator, furnace and gas appliances with strapping or bolting. If recommended by your gas company, have an automatic vibration shut-off valve installed.
- Keep cracks in ceiling or foundation repaired and check often for structural defects.
- Store weed killers, pesticides, and flammable products on bottom shelves in closed cabinets with a latch.
- Locate safest spot in each room under a sturdy table or against inside wall. No doorways.
- Hold family earthquake drills: Drop, cover and hold on.
OR CLICK THE LINKS LOCATED IN THE MAP ON THE LEFT FOR LIVE UPDATES
CHECKLIST AND/OR MORE INFORMATION GOES HERE. FOR INSTANCE, LOCAL
EARTHQUAKE STATS FROM THE LAST 50 YEARS OR THE LIKELINESS OF IT
HAPPENING, ETC. A STORY OF A CLIENT WHO HAD AN EARTHQUAKE CLAIM ETC
CLOSURES FOR SCHOOLS & DAYCARES