Wondering if you or a someone you know that is enrolled with a Medicare Advantage Plan can change plans? Special Election Periods (SEP) exist throughout the year.
Examples of Special Election Period Situations Medicare Advantage (MA) enrollment opportunities exist throughout the year.
Examples of actions that can create an SEP for clients include:
• Moving out of their current plan’s service area
• Moving to an address within the current plan’s service area, but other plan options are available
• Moving back to the United States after living in another country • Moving in or out of a skilled nursing facility or long-term hospital • Losing credible coverage such as from an employer or union
• Having their MA plan contract terminated by Medicare
• Being no longer eligible for Medicaid
• Being released from jail
If you have questions or would like to speak with one of our licensed Medicare Specialist, call us at 800-362-2809. If you are about to enroll in Medicare, download our FREE Medicare Starter Guide at our website CLICK HERE.