Wildfire Disaster Preparedness
BEFORE A FIRE
- Click Here)
- Make sure your home is sided and landscaped to resist fire. Clear items that will burn from around the house, including wood piles, lawn furniture, barbecue grills, tarp coverings, etc.
- Clean roof and gutters of dry debris regularly
- Keep chimneys and stovepipes clean and in perfect working order. (Contact your local fire department for specifications.)
- Screen exterior openings to floors, roof and attic.
- Install a dual-sensor smoke alarm on each level of your home, especially near bedrooms; test monthly and change the batteries at least once each year.
- Teach family members location and use of fire extinguishers
- Keep handy household items that can be used as fire tools: a rake, axe, handsaw or chain saw, bucket and shovel.
- Keep a ladder that will reach the roof.
- Consider installing protective shutters or heavy fire-resistant drapes.
OR CLICK THE LINKS LOCATED IN THE MAP ON THE LEFT FOR LIVE UPDATES
Other useful links:
POST EVACUATION ROUTES, ADDRESSES FOR SAFETY SHELTERS/NUMBERS TO CALL AND CHECK WHERE THE FIRE IS/ROADS & HIGHWAYS THAT ARE CLOSED/ANY COMMUNITY OFFICE SCHOOL CLOSURE/LATEST EVACUATIONS, ETC